Or, de-staching slowly and responsibly.
I found some leftover silk from my blue regency ballgown while reorganizing and decided to make myself a new corset, since my current one is getting a lot of use so I can't really consider it my 'fancy' one anymore.
Just the Details:
Pattern: Loosely based on Kay Gnagey's Simplicity pattern, but I altered it considerably.
Materials: Silk taffeta, cotton coutil, cotton twill tape, spiral boning
Time: About four days (the quilting took forever.)
Final Verdict: I love this corset! I'm so happy I put the time into making it pretty! The only change to my old one that I made was to make it two layers and to lengthen the pattern by about 3/4". It worked out really well, and it's a lot more comfortable than my other one, even though it's a bit tight around the bust. However, it wasn't until I was almost done that I realized... I forgot to take the tuck out on the front! I will probably go back and put a bone there or something to keep it from wrinkling at the waist (see below.) I am also, as I learned, an abysmal top-stitcher, so you can't look too closely at the seams because they're not all in straight lines.