I finally finished the black sheer for good until I can get some black buttons, but I might just have the upper layer pin closed. Haven't decided yet.
And the reason for most of my problems - Cosette's wedding dress!... Which I got really bad pictures of. I apologize - it looks much, much better on Cosette. Our production was marvy, if I may say so myself, and I quite forgot to snap a few of it in action. It didn't fall apart on stage, though, and that's all that matters. c:
|The front! The back looks similar to this.|
So, this was my first experience draping. It was... interesting. I ended up using a pillow as a dress form in lieu of an actual one. Somehow I don't think she'd be flattered by seeing that I compared her body type to that of a decorative throw cushion. (I did give it tissue paper boobs, though, so.)
|See maniacal grin.|
|The inner frame, with the wires.|
Also, when I made the first bonnet, I used wire that I found lying around, which was about coat hanger consistency, and it took me all night to bend the wires. I actually used 20 gauge millinery wire this time, and it works like a dream. I make things so hard for myself sometimes. /sigh/
With the brim fabric put on - I'm going to line it at the very end. Most bonnets weren't lined, but I prefer having a finished look.
|And where I am now!|
My mother, being the saint that she is, is letting us go down to VA on our spring break college trip. William and Mary is my dream school, but I'm from out-of-state so my chances are fairly low despite my good academic standing. But of course the main reason I'm excited is so that I can see W-burg again! I went last summer with my marvelously farby 1770 polonaise. Now, I have several excuses to make a real 1770 working class dress! And I have fabric and a pattern! /glee
That's my next project, anyways. That, a black 1860 sporting hat, and an 1830's corded corset/sleeve plumper combo (you can see the pattern in a couple of the pics.)
Gnar, I have a lot of work to do.