For the past few weeks I have been working on my 18th century wardrobe- not necessarily glamorous items, but necessary ones; kerchiefs, shifts, rumps, etcetera. I also made a few petticoats, just to enlarge my wardrobe a little. I thought I ought to update you all on some of the prettier pieces!
They're really wrinkled! But the left one is a striped silk taffeta from Burnley and Trowbridge, the right is a silk gauze made from Vogue organza.
For my gauze petticoat, I just hemmed a long strip of organza, whip-gathered it and stitched it to the body of the petticoat. It looks lovely over my peacock blue petticoat, which I once again made from work fabric (I really used my discount vigorously.)
|I got a pretty pair of Dunmores! They're so comfy.|
|Dark blue crossed with emerald green.|
I'm hoping to have some more basics done in the next couple of weeks for my fall events. In the meantime, more mending, more hemming, more sewing adventures!