Friday, December 11, 2015

A ruffly jacket!

I've always really liked the Colonial Williamsburg prints, so this year I sprung for a bit of their trailing vines (?) print, enough to make a jacket for myself that I could mix and match with my petticoats.
I wanted to make a slightly later style (early 1780s) than what I usually do; I think that the narrow seamed back is a very flattering style, and I like the longer sleeves.  The skirt is just as full as it would be if this were a gown, which meant that I had to apply (a lot) more trim than I expected.  Some day I'll add narrow trim up the center and around the neck, but I'm really loving how it is now.  At least, how it will be once I get that tuck in the elbow.
 It's hard to see in this picture, but the back is quartered.
And a big ol' breast knot slapped on it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment