Thursday, November 12, 2015

A Few Basic Undergarments

I've realized that I have something of a dearth of basic eighteenth century garments.  I've made myself a proper shift using my best stitches, and a basic underpetticoat - just a rectangle pleated and attached to a waistband.  For my shift I'm indebted to the Danish Natmuseet for their pattern, which I used as a general guideline.  I cut the neckline a little large, so I ran a tape drawstring through it - not the most common neckline treatment in the eighteenth century, but not unusual.
I'm working on a couple other pretties - hopefully they'll be ready in the next week or so.  Teaser shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment