I've finally gotten around to making a decent Revwar chemise, though!
|Sorry, no risque on-the-model pictures|
Materials: Linen, cotton thread.
Pattern: marquise.de, drafted to my measurements
Time: about a week and a half, which is a really long time for me, but all of those hand sewn flat felled seams eat up time like nobody's business.
Period: 1740-1780, probably.
What I'll do differently next time: Use a lighter weight linen and linen thread, and make the armholes a loooooot bigger, erp.
While waiting for the linen to come, I ended up re-doing my paletot yet again so that it looks a little more presentable.
|argh.... I look like crap... I apologize.|
Right now, I'm working on re-doing my black silk 1860s dress as well as making a reallllllly fancy 860s lace fichu to clean out some of my lace stash, and then on to a black silk Revwar bonnet, then my chintz cotton print dress.... The list never ends....